Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M CS

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
Few questions for you as this is my first M car.

1. How much was it to buy?

The valve was $160 installation w/ welds will be more. Downpipe was about $450

2. Does it make it always extremely loud or in comfort will it still be livable? Windows up its fine, especially with Active Sound coded lower.

3. Does it void warranty?One word answer...Yes. Anything BMW decides affects the broken warranty claim directly or even INDIRECTLY can permanently void Warr. However there are cool service managers. Advice, a generous "donation to your SM doesn't hurt when it comes to decision time...I donated $500 at first servive and $50 or $100 everytime after that. I had close to $30k in repairs, maybe more, no questions asked, always faster than I could imagine and I had every bolt on on my M3. Some of the damage was blatently caused by abuse. Damage over 10K must be approved by a higher up I believe, although I had repairs well over that. BRand new tranny, TWO new rear ends...LOL. Be picky one where you bring car.

4. Is there a power increase? Yes. M2 has basically a 3" straight pipe. The cat is highly restrictive. A good DP allows turbo to spool drastically faster and breathe better bringing in more air thus fuel and evacuating hot air faster. Keep in mind it requires a method to rid the DME (Engine ECU) of a few codes aka Check engine light. A bench tune, JB4, or some say a long exhaust bung for your secondary (Bank2) o2 sensor (although theyve never worked for me, and you wont get full potential power increase a tune would extract...

5. Does it put more stress on the engine? No, if anything less. However tuning will sometimes narrow margins for safety parameters to gain power, ie Air:Fuel Ratio, Ignition timing, Torque limiter, Rev Limiter, etc.

Thanks! Sorry for the list lol
''

BTW, Search feature would've answered all of these questions ane potentially teach you a lot more in the process.

Last edited by DKX4///M; 05-24-2016 at 10:25 AM..
Appreciate 0