05-18-2016, 07:15 PM   #86
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
I'd be interested in seeing that poll. The point I was making was not a comparison between the M2 and M240i, but rather how BMW on one end restricted the car as not to be better than the M4 and from the other end the M240i's new engine puts it closer to the M2 in straight line performance. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. An M car should have it's space. IMO there should never be any sub model in the same series that matches any aspect of its M counterparts performance. I still like the M2, hell I love it and that's why I want one. I just don't think BMW will do anything to move the car up in performance anytime soon. If that stance makes me a curmudgeon then so be it.

i gotcha.. as far as the performance matching... I do think that is a bit of a thing of the past. With turbo motors, it's hard to keep that separation that you are wanting.. or... at the least.. I think the separation still is there via BMW underrating the M cars more so than the non M cars.

I agree.. I don't anticipate many performance adjustments, color modifications or additional options packages to sprout up for this vehicle.

I was able to search and find it... thanks to @G8rGrl !! Here is the poll!

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1236432

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 05-18-2016 at 07:23 PM..
Appreciate 0