M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM3Power View Post
Exactly no one got bumped. I was TOLD (HMMM) That I was getting the dealer allocation and they were getting more. Another interesting fact is my salesman had said they while they have had an incredible interest in M2's, very few people wanted 6spd, and also aside from custom colors, and the LBB very few wanted it in black. It also has the blue interior trim...

I believe, as the poster said there is some sales trickery here. But other prefered customers had been offered this car and opted for the custom build which we all know on an M car's first release will be 4-6 months minimum by the time your pulling out of the lot.

He also obviously wanted a sale and money talks....I literally threw $20k down the within 10 mins of pulling in from the test drive...I'm a sales man and played the "I dont buy BRAND NEW, I don't like blue trim, I was thinking of going DCT, I really don't want a black car again, etc"

But he knew I had money in my pocket and if he played the game, he'd have a sale that day...
If we were talking about another car then I would say yea possible. But honestly, I don't think any dealer would give a sh*t about what you said or how much money you are putting down if he's trying to sell an M2. There are a lot of people who are ready to go all cash or change their preference about the transmission or the color just to get an M2. Also, a dealer would like to finance the car rather than a cash offer because in many cases, they bump up the APR (dealer markup) and make more money at the end.
Appreciate 0