04-18-2016, 07:51 PM   #79
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3 zcp, macan GTS, f15 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
I'd say the vast majority of those in the market for a M2 have heard and test-driven a M4. But the really funny thing is that all of the m4 owners who claim the M4 exhaust is just as good or better sounding than the M2 have definitely not heard a M2, considering there are maybe 100 in the US right now.

Not only have I driven multiple M4s, but the M4 was $100 a month cheaper for me to lease.

Still got the M2. It's that good. And sure, you can say things like looks, driving dynamics, sound, and fun factor are subjective - you're right. I'm sure there's a guy out there somewhere who genuinely prefers Rosie O'Donnell to Kate Upton. But don't pretend that most guys do

except for the fact that the m4 weighs within 30 lbs of this M2 pig.. There is a reason the m4 is 2.5 seconds faster to 100 and 4 seconds faster to 140... and is also faster on the ring.. and super close on short tracks where it can't effectively use its power. The m2 is a pug, The m4 is in a different class. Price no object u would be a fool to get the m2 over the m4... but i hope there are a lot of fools because that means my car will become far more rare.
That being said this sound issue is stupid... i have yet to find ONE person that isn't like "damn" when they hear my car. Not that it matters what others think but this entire m4 sounds bad is ridiculous.

I realize that this is an m2 forum so there is an obvious bias, so I will make an exit here Though if anyone is on the fence and wants to hear an m4 and are in the chicago area please PM me I would be glad to meet up with you!
Appreciate 2