Thread: M235i to M2
View Single Post
      04-18-2016, 05:05 PM   #19
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

I own an M235i Auto and I am trying desperately to get an M2 Manual.

I test drove the M2 manual twice and honestly speaking I did not feel a huge difference. The power is maybe a little more, the noise it makes is also a little better and the tail gets loose a little more easily than my 235i (Which also does this quite easily with the traction control off). I was not able to make out a significant difference in the suspension either except that it is probably a little more firmer which is probably not a good thing for a daily driver. Also, I prefer the wood trim in my M235i to the fake carbon fiber (Plastic really) trim on the M2. I have read on most reviews that the M2 understeers which I was not able to make out.

Honestly, I do not see a huge difference in both the cars. That is just my unbiased opinion. If you remember all the M235i reviews, most reviewers called that car the E46 M3 just 18 months ago. Everyone is really excited when they drive a new car (Me included) and hence the furore and the amazing reviews.

I think it's an awesome car as well and will definitely be getting it as soon as I can but mainly because I want a manual transmission and for no other reason. It most definitely is not 10K better than the M235i.
Appreciate 0