View Single Post
      03-06-2016, 06:33 AM   #80
The Nerd
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrosexual
Pondering the choice of a Dinan-tuned 235i vs the stock M2... on paper the Dinan235 handily beats the M2, especially for Torque. ...the stage-1 tuned 235 is carrying nnearly 16% less weight for each ft-lb of twist available.

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

I realize I would have to throw about $7000 at the 235 to equip it with the right go-fast hardware: LSD, M Perf Brake kit, Dinan tune above, and that brings it close to the M2 price, as I understand it... correctly me if I'm worng there?

Granted, the M2 will include all the proper go-fast gear as standard equipment, it will have bragging rights, and different /possibly better aesthetics.

I also recognize that Dinan & others will have tunes for M2 eventually, probably very close to the 235 numbers, since it's basically the same N55,

So, you're back to aesthetics, the much abused M badge, a significant wait, and a small weight savings arguing for the M2, vesus have-it-now for the 235.

Amusing side note: the Ferrari 458 factors in at 5.48 lb/hp, but 8.23 lb/torque...both tunes on the 235i give you more twist-per-pound than a 458 (!)

Any thoughts?
Do you really think the M2 will only put out 365 hp?? When was the last time an M (or any BMW for that matter) put out the claimed hp figure? For example, the f80s are regularly dynoing at 420-430 WHP, which is more like 480 at the crank. Don't be surprised if the M2 is at least 400 crank hp. So even though it's about much more than straight line speed (as the last 4 pages have read), the M2 will likely still outpower the Dinan s2 M235i.

For the record, I own a Dinan s2 335i (f30), and I had it dynoed w/stage 1 at 330 WHP. Now that I've added stage 2 (+intake), I'm probably around 345-350 WHP which puts me around 390 at the crank. The Dinan puts out what it says....but I'd still take an M2 in a heartbeat.
Appreciate 0