View Single Post
      03-01-2016, 11:10 PM   #96
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

I don't think the M2 is gonna have such a good resale value not because its a bad car because that it isn't we all know that. But it more likely gonna have a value decrease as the rest of the M Fleet due to it not being in any limited supply. The 1M holds it value because so few were made world wide and sold.

And its an unique car, The M2 in that aspect is not a unique car BMW want's as many as possible to get in to this car so later they advance to the next level, I bet the new M3/M4 is going to cause a lot of people switching up from the M2 to the M3/M4. (Being that "Oh well i have already bought an M car now i can see the cost isn't so terrible and its okay to live with" Baam Profit for BMW. )

So the 1M did something BMW dint want it to do, Give back the money the owner spent on them in the first place. Why make a car that will sell just as good in a couple of years when they can make profit of the same owner buying a new better model over the last one.

Finding a 1M with around 15 000km on it and not modded well that will make you pay thru your nose to get.

So in that terms i don't think the M2 will hold value better then any other M car, The 1M being the exception of them all and did something the BMW didn't want it to do.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 1