View Single Post
      02-17-2016, 09:40 AM   #64
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
If that would be such a hard date, then I would have killed my order weeks ago and bought something else already instead.
MR
MR., I don't want to hurt your feelings, but as we all know, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

October 15, 2014:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Will the BMW M2 kill the M235i and the M4?
By Gabriel Bridger | October 13, 2014
http://www.bimmerfile.com/2014/10/13...kill-m235i-m4/
[...] Based on sources, the BMW M2 will begin production in November of 2015 with deliveries to start in December throughout Western Europe and the UK. US production will begin in March of 2016 with deliveries in late April. Unlike the 1M, production will not be limited in any way other than production dates.
October 11, 2015:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
I think the M2 will show up in a timeline similar to that of the X4 M40i. The X4 M40i is going to be publicly introduced in November (LA Auto show). It will show up in the dealer systems shortly after that, and be in US showrooms in February.
The key is the public introduction. When will the M2 be publicly introduced?
a) At the Tokyo show (October)? If yes, in the dealer systems for ordering November. In US showrooms February/March
b) At the LA Auto show (November)? If yes, in the dealer systems for ordering November/December. In US showrooms February/ March
c) Detroit Auto show (January, NAIAS)? If yes, in the dealer systems for ordering January. In the showrooms April.
That's my guess.
c)
October 19, 2015:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Production has begun to build the press vehicles as well as the cars intended for the dealer network in Europe first.
No customer whether in Germany or USA will get their car until April or after April. You are not getting your M2 in February.
October 26, 2015:
Quote:
There will be M2 dealer demo cars around (HEA car = Handler-Erst-Ausstattung), but no M2 will be delivered to a customer - worldwide - before April 16, 2016.
October 28, 2015:
Quote:
According to my information, M2 deliveries to customers starts from April 16, 2016 onwards. Currently it's too early to know production and delivery dates for customer M2s. So all production and delivery dates are inevitably provisional at the moment. As regards my order, it's actually more accurate to state "Spring 2016".
Earlier dates than April 16, 2016 = HEA M2s (Handler-Erst-Ausstattung) = dealer demo M2s. Some customers may have made a deal with a dealer to adopt a dealer demo M2 (see for example Belgian forum fellow @Riky here).
October 28, 2015:
Quote:
According to my info, M2 deliveries to customers start from April 16, 2016 onwards.
M2 production has started earlier this month, but those are dealer demo M2s.
November 4, 2015:
Quote:
"Spring 2016". Will the parts be available prior to the worldwide delivery launch of April 16, 2016.
November 6, 2015:
Quote:
No deliveries of customer M2 cars prior to April 16, 2016.
If you manage to get hold of an M2 at an earlier point in time, then it's a dealer demo (HEA car = Handler-Erst-Ausstattung).
November 24, 2015:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
Strange that all the countries in the world are waiting for allocations but people in Belgium claim to have allocations outside of HEA ones.
When ordering my M2 on Oct 16, 2015 (no demo dealer [HEA]), I have personally seen a BMW document stating that M2 deliveries are scheduled to roll out from April 16, 2016 (at least as regards Belgium).
If someone has official information that BMW has changed plans in the meantime, please let us know.
November 27, 2015:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robban View Post
I was visiting another dealer today, then there I bought my car. He confirmed the the 16th of April is still valid as we speak.
Just wondering whether April 16, 2016 was (also) chosen because of the Winter season officially ending in most places requiring winter tires and/or snow chains.
December 2, 2015:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy 72 View Post
Wow cool, I thought those who had already ordered weren't receiving their cars until around April next year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRR View Post
Deliveries won't start until spring 16 - no way these are customer cars - maybe these are press cars or just BMW test cars.
The date is quoted four times in the UK Product Launch guide (http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...31&postcount=1).
Attachment 1326909
January 3, 2016:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riky View Post
When do you expect the hea demo cars to be delivered to the (Belgian) dealers?
Will this be only a few days before the launch date of April 16, or much sooner?
Got no info yet.
Mere guess: if the M2 cars are supposed to be all spic 'n span in the showroom by Saturday April 16, 2016 (launch date), then we may reasonably assume that dealers will get hold of theirs by no later than the first half of April 2016.
Any info yet from your dealer ?
January 13, 2016 (comment in your dedicated thread):
Quote:
Quote:
Production date set for my BMW M2 Coupe. Production is between 15th and 22nd of February. Delivery early March.
Congrats. Early bird.
Do you mean delivery early March to your dealer or to you ?
If delivery to your dealer: your dealer will be embargoed by BMW for M2 delivery to you until the end of the April 16, 2016 M2 launch weekend, I assume ?
Official BMW Press release for The Netherlands about the M2 (see here):
"Vanaf 16 april 2016 staat de BMW M2 Coupé in de showroom voor €79.990."
("From April 16, 2016 onwards the BMW M2 Coupé will be at the showroom for EUR79,990.")
January 14, 2016:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Production date set for my BMW M2 Coupe. Production is between 15th and 22nd of February. Delivery early March.
Congrats. Early bird.
Do you mean delivery early March to your dealer or to you ?
If delivery to your dealer: your dealer will be embargoed by BMW for M2 delivery to you until the end of the April 16, 2016 M2 launch weekend, I assume ?
Official BMW Press release for The Netherlands about the M2 (see here):
"Vanaf 16 april 2016 staat de BMW M2 Coupé in de showroom voor €79.990."
("From April 16, 2016 onwards the BMW M2 Coupé will be at the showroom for EUR79,990.")
Let's wait and see
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
You will not be getting your M2 before 16th April. I can assure you.
Let's wait and see
January 30, 2016:
Quote:
No dealer will be allowed to release an M2 to a customer prior to April 16, 2016. You may look at it and sit in it, maybe briefly spin the engine, but won't be allowed to take it home.
I guess that a BMW dealer risks issues with BMW if he rains on the BMW M2 parade with an (too) early release. I remember a forum fellow claiming - on the basis of what his dealer told him - to take the dealer demo home at the end of the launch weekend (thus on Sunday April 17 or Monday April 18). I don't know the instructions given by BMW regarding M2 dealer demos, but I can imagine that the car, in order to serve its demonstration purpose, is embargoed for several days or weeks since the launch date.
The April 16 launch date (at least for Europe) was already reported here several times in the past (illustrated with official BMW materials).
February 3, 2016:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
Hey Dack, so does this mean I have to endure the torture of not being able to pickup my launch car until mid April?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
IDK... BMW first said M2 deliveries start in April. But then I heard thru the grapevine that deliveries might be pushed back to June/July. I have a friend Artemis who has a M2 on order in Belgium... his dealer is saying that his M2 will arrive in April. I think we just have to sit tight on this one. ?
April 16, 2016 = M2 stash release (except if BMW changes plans).
February 7, 2016:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid View Post
Most of the people that are "angry" that "their" car will not be released are angry about cars that are not even customer cars...
HEA cars are meant to be used for the official introduction, deal with it!
With a bit of luck they will release them before April 16.
Wouldn't be a smart idea for a BMW dealer to rain on BMW's parade with an early release.
If BMW sets April 16, 2016 as M2 launch date (first day after the Winter season in several countries), then dealers gotta stick to that.
Take it the BMW way, or take the highway. Ze rulez are ze rulez.