Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5 Competition

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmeaggie View Post
For an F8x, I am still 50/50 on this choice.

1- with the DCT you get excellent driveability, amazing technology and superior performance.

2- with a 6M you get to be part of the mechanical process of the vehicle and have that feeling of control that comes with driving a Manual high performance vehicle. There is simply no substitute for that.

I would really like to hear feedback on the M2 DCT if it is different than the F8x due to no drivelogic.
You know that F8x includes the M2 (F87) too, right?

And the M2 has Drivelogic too, just not individually selectable in each driving mode. As "SPORT" is programmable I (and a few more) hope that the gearbox is available to program there too and not just steering and engine.
Ha ha yes, thanks.

Appreciate the clarification. I think I understand what you mean as far as individually adjustable parameters vs. group adjustment.

For my needs, group adjustment would probably work fine. The only parameter I tend to treat alone is the suspension. I tend to tweak that depending on the road I am on regardless of how I have the throttle, shifting, and steering set.

I see this as a luxury, and not necessity... But that just my personal opinion of course.

If the the M4 had not come with the individual parameter adjustment, I still probably would have bought it anyway, and never thought twice about it.

I think the M2 is going to be a very popular car.
Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler, Diffuser, Splitters
Appreciate 0