Garage List
'11 135i  [8.20]
'16 Ford Hatchback  [10.00]
'15 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cope
Some awkward angled pictures really do make the M2 front lower section look like someone just had their wisdom teeth removed, and I am just not a fan of the hoodcut line on the Fxx cars. I'd say the 1M looked better from the front if we hadn't gotten such lousy looking headlights.
if you look at size the 1M's headlights are actually more compact and more shapely than the M2s. The 1M has a much more classic BMW front end whereas the M2 had a more 'standard modern car' headlight treatment. They angulated lights on the M2 could be from any modern car...lack character.

the more I look at these pictures the more I appreciate the 1M. BMW really missed an opportunity here by making the M2 less aggressive and cohesive looking than they should have....the 1M looks very cohesive as a design by comparison....and also looks way more aggressive and wide. The current designers at BMW have a habit of just making a mess out of everything...let's not forget these are the same people bringing us the monstrosity that is the X4...lol

I think the M2 CSL will finally be able to bring wide back to the design front, hopefully! The M2 doesn't look wide next to the 1M...
I have to agree 100% on not looking wide sitting next to the 1M. It looks at first glance like a 235i with an aftermarket M2 bumper. It looks disproportionate and awkward just like a 135i with a aftermarket 1M bumper. Where at first glance you can see the wide width on the 1M.