View Single Post
      11-05-2015, 03:13 PM   #223
trebled
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i & BMW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosino View Post
What I dont get is why they would need to offer some aftermarket suspension when an M-car is already supposed to have an upgraded state of the art suspension.. ?? And I suspect it's going to cost as much if not more than a Ohlin set-up.. and we all know which one is the better quality in the real world
Actually, this has made me have a think. Remember that in the old days - late eighties, early nineties the E30 M3 was produced to enable BMW to take the M3 racing in Production Saloons/Group N/Group A. And boy, did it clean up as we all know.

A really pertinent example was my foray into Firestone/Uniroyal prod saloons. I bought a low mileage road registered 1990 E30 M3 with NO sunroof, NO aircon, etc. It had a cage put in to it, other safety items, a race seat, an open exhaust and that M division product finished third in its first race and went on to win some races running on Michelin treaded road tyres shaved down to 3mm.

Different times, different approach ! BMW designed the car for racing from the drawing board.
Appreciate 1