View Single Post
      11-03-2015, 01:00 PM   #73
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
At least 20 years modding, many nissans, infiniti's, every iteration of m3 since e36, 3 335's as well. I've done it all, purist oem performance stuff to the sh**********s CF pieces to Arkym pieces. I will never give another dollar to vorsteiner, Arkym, varis, mode carbon or any other "high end" company killing us with BMW taxes. It's not worth it, most figment on lips and spoilers is spot on or a tiny bit off that can be manipulated. I've seen some of the worst fitment on DD stuff and all the fanboys on here sweat them like LTBMW. The copies are getting good and if they break, oh well new eBay lip. Most folks on here don't do installs on their cars, if you do, you should be able to make something fit unless the mold was very off. Now wheels is something you should cheap on, tires as well but other things are definitely negotiable.
Ok, I don't quite have 20 years of experience but I do know how to install a spoiler with 3M tape. Like I said, the one I had was sitting high on both sides of the trunk by 5-10mm. It just straight up didn't fit the contour of the trunk, I wish I still had pictures I had to send to them to show that it didn't fit.

So far, I've bought about 5 CF/aero stuff from knock off site and I'm 1 for 5. And the one that I'm counting as "good" is the lip spoiler on my E36, which is too wide for the trunk but I didn't care since it was $65 bucks shipped from China and painted (pretty good match to Techno Violet actually).

I'm not one of those that is completely OCD with their cars, because they are meant to be driven anyway. But I just got so sick of parts not fitting right no matter what you did to the point where I'll bite the bullet and just get OEM parts. Glad BMW is offering them as an option at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stren View Post
And I agree with that for some of the more expensive options like the exhaust and some of the larger carbon fiber pieces. But the steering wheel? How is that much more expensive than the standard one? It's not like it has the rpm/shift indicators on there. It's only a lot more expensive as an option if you have to buy the car, toss out the old and then upgrade. Why not include it from the start and give the car more of the "unique" to the M2 feeling that people have been complaining about wrt seats/mirrors.

What about the suspension? Is the MPerf version going to be significantly harder or lower such that plenty of people apart from track nuts would avoid it? Shouldn't that be how a M2 is from the start - orientated for the track and tolerable for the road lol?

I dunno maybe I'm just being a b and whining about how you can easily end up adding the cost of a 320 in options to some of the cars in order to make it what maybe it should have been in the first place. Just being bitter
I see where you are coming from, definitely. But like I said, I'd rather they include almost nothing with the cars so that the base price is as low as possible personally. That includes the steering wheel. While they are at it, give me cloth seats, manual seats and 18" wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAgent View Post
Do you know if the adjustments can be controlled from the center console? Or is it external adjustment. I'm not familiar with the new tech.

I guess this is why they did not offer adaptive suspension as an option. They would like you to purchase this feature. How much does it usually run? Can it be adjusted to set real soft for bumpy roads?

I live in NYC and having the car run smoother over bumps here is huge... for my back.
I unfortunately have no info on them, just read it in the M4 thread. I'm sure more will be unveiled in the next couple of days.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0