10-06-2015, 11:46 AM   #45
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
OK, not really what I would consider luxury options but I hear you. The colors offered are probably the most popular colors anyway so not a huge issue for most people. If the interior does have added extras like the 1M I understand the take it or leave it black only. Otherwise it is quite strange as it seams to be straight from the series car.

So basically it has every option (excluding colors) the series car has except adaptive dampers and front PDC. So me personally wouldn't really call it compromised but others, as you say, might do...
Right. I was just trying to make a point that even if minor, the M2 is more limited than the M235i. If the price reaches too high, it is just as likely to pull people down to the M235i as it is to pull people up to the M3. BMW made a very capable car in the M235i, and while it will never be an M2, it isn't without merit.

I guess this really depends on how many BMW decides to make. If we only see 6 per year for the biggest dealerships, the car can be priced $55k to start and they will all be bought. Does this really achieve BMW's aim at attracting young buyers into the M market? No, it just keeps them salivating and buying something else.