Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazey82 View Post
So you got the new M2 huh? Yep she's a beast.
Wait...Doesn't it have the same engine as an X4? Umm yeah but it handles much much better...

Some of you guys are in such denial. I want this M2 trust me but when you see bullshit you got to call it. And so many come to its defence.
Talk about 1M all you like but I chose my E46 M3 over it and it will have more soul and character then that car will ever have I don't care how limited the 1M is.

And it seems BMW are throwing M badges all over the place on cars now. Kind of dilutes the true M brand if you ask me.
If there is anyone here that is in denial... it is you.
If the general public felt that the E46 M3 in standard version was as good as the 1M... the prices for each on the open market would certainly reflect it. It appears that you are defending your beloved E46 M3 by tearing down the two closest threats to it.. The 1M.. and now the M2. Neither will have the beloved S motor designation. Neither the 1M nor the M2 will have a CF roof... but neither did the E46M3 either..

I haven't personally had anyone ask me about the N54 in my 1M being in the 135 or the Z435is.. and why should they... if the motor is in all three cars.. it's not too hard to figure out which vehicle is the overall best performer. I'm sure that all the people that have cashed in on selling their 1Ms at prices over the original MSRP were simply doing so because the motor wasn't a real M motor..

If the M2 is such a disappointment for you.. There is of course... the M4... you know you want an S55..
This is too funny.
Maybe it's a yank thing but we just don't see this down under. There are currently 15 1Ms listed here for sale ranging from 70k to 90k and it was 110k brand new. Whoever is buying 1Ms there for over original msrp is just an idiot especially when M2 is around the corner

E46 M3s and even manual E92 here are starting to hold there value now and I can even see them going up with time. Total opposite of the 1M here.
Don't make out like I'm saying E46 is better than 1M or M2 because I'm not and to a degree it isn't. You all totally missing my point I'm talking about the engine that's it! Sheesh
Appreciate 0