View Single Post
      05-11-2015, 12:37 PM   #658
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by technik330 View Post
The only real question that I have is to what extent will the "further progress" actually differentiate a standard M2 from said model?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
I mean that special m2 will cost much more, there's a Cayman GTS and a Cayman GT4, I don't see any problem
I can imagine that some Porsche Cayman GTS owners have mixed "if only I would have known" emotions about the introduction of the Cayman GT4 less than a year after the introduction of the Cayman GTS:No info as regards the introduction timing of the "hardcore" M2 (GTS/CSL/CRT). The M4 GTS is scheduled for release this year. So, who knows, maybe the hardcore M2 is released in 2016, as one of the headliners of the 100th BMW anniversary celebrations ?

Anyway, in the end it might be comparing apples (or should we say blueberry ? ) with oranges. If BMW M continues to toy with the GT6 Vision Concept as benchmark for the hardcore M2, we can guess that it will be a more Spartan (read: less weight), track-focused two-seater, virtually not suitable as daily driver and featuring an expensive price-tag (deep into M3/M4 territory or even beyond). Quite a different world compared to the M2 base version.

For the record about the E92 M3 GTS: very limited production (± 150), street legal, orange body color only, M DCT only, no rear seats (roll bar + fire extinguisher), less weight for center console and door trim, titanium rear silencers, black 19-inch light alloy wheels (the 1M got the silver version), airco was optional, polycarbonate for the back window and rear side glass, no audio system, less sound insulation, CF seats with three-point seatbelts and six-point harnesses, etc. and a price-tag of approximately twice a regular E92 M3. Oh, and as BMW didn't want to go through the trouble of official certification: not made available for the US.

Name:  BMW_M3_GTS_Interior.jpg
Views: 2498
Size:  74.9 KB