Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceking4u View Post
Shit...I ain't rich.

Lease M2 + Finance my DD
This is a great point. The thing of it is that BMW seems to lease "more" car for the money. Hence why I do think there will be M2 and M3/4 cross shoppers. You either live with a little less with the M2 (the goal for many) and pass less accordingly, or you have access to more and pay for that accordingly with an M3/4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
I am one of them. As brilliant as my '11 M3 was, it just wasn't as all-round fun as my N54 135 M Sport. The M2 will combine the best of both...and more IMHO. And I realize that the new M3/4 twins are a world of difference from my '11 but still, I've put my money where my mouth is for the M2, it's gonna be killer.
Here's the thing - I think the 1M gained so much in terms of legendary status because it was impossible to find unless you paid a hefty premium OR got started on the securing one process early. Was/is it a great car ? Well yes, but not to the point where it costs more used now than it did brand new.

I expect the M2 to be "better" in objective ways over the 1M in terms of performance capabilities but not as "good" in those same measurements versus an M3/4. And of course there's the subjective stuff too - looks, size, etc.

I'm just not sure I have seen enough to keep me out of an M3 for the rest of the year. I'm willing to wait and see how the car is unveiled and go from there, but it's gonna take something killer to wait longer than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Count me in for compact size too. If anything, I wouldn't even mind something even smaller. Maybe a Z3M coupe revival would be fantastic for me.
. Now that's an idea. My dad's Z4MC was the most raw and insane car I've ever driven for an extended period of time. With the sport button engaged...that thing was scary. And I loved it. Just wished it had been just a little more comfortable. Then it would have been perfect.
I'd agree with most everything you said....BUT if you've ever driven a 1M it's very easy to see why it's so legendary....it's just an absolute animal to drive....have never driven a more enthusiastic and enjoyable car. Add limited edition to that equation and it creates the entire myth.

If BMW have even captures 50% of the 1M 'enjoyment formula' then the M2 will be a success.
Appreciate 0