View Single Post
      01-21-2015, 06:03 PM   #37
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey81 View Post
Some speculation. Looks like BMW might do a BMW 1M type of transformation of the 2-series "M2". No CF-roof, probably not as extensive changes to the chassis as the M3 / M4 (rear axle subframe bolted directly to the chassis etc), a tuned N55 engine but probably a M-diff and DCT.

As the 1M, will probably be a very fun car. But without the limited numbers and the novelty of being the first M with a turbo, will it be special enough?

Really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh!
I'm also speculating, but I think you are spot on. I feel like we would have seen a CF roof by now if it was going to be offered.

I've said it since the beginning that I'd be surprised if we saw CF. But I do think that the M2 will essentially just get a driveline straight from the M3/4, probably just without the CF driveshaft. It better be the direct mounted subframe though. Hell I actually thought they were just going to offer it with 6MT or 8AT.

No doubt that if this is the case, this will turn off a lot of potential forum members. Personally, I'd be OK with that setup. It'll all come down to pricing then. If that is what's going to be offered, it better start in the high 40s or very low 50s. We shall see I guess
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0