10-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #32
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6 View Post
After having a meeting Yesterday with someone in the know at BMW Product Development I would seriously wait for the M2

The M4 is incredible and I know how you feel after having driven one myself a few times BUT the M2 is going to be seriously good apparently and a lot cheaper at around the 45k mark. so this is what I have been told I won't be held to ransom but here goes

The M2 will actually be available September 2015 on the new 65 plate.
It will not be a Limited Production run like the 1M but will be Limited in Comparison to say a normal 2 series of any spec i.e if they make a shed load of 220d's each week they won't be making a shed load of M2's they will be built in small volumes purely on a supply and demand basis.
It will be getting the Carbon Roof! and the rumors of around the 370bhp mark are correct (374ps apparently)
it will be offered in both DCT and Manual Box form, the rumor of manual only is incorrect.
Apparently it wont get the M3/M4 seats but he couldn't tell me what seats it will get? so god knows on that bit of info

and the biggest shock of all!!!!!! Wait for it!!!!

a 5 door M1 is coming!!! as a direct rival to the Audi RS3 (my reply to that was what? I thought BMW would not use the M1 brand as that is taken by the original M1 Supercar? Well apparently that is all going to change. No date is set for the M1 at this moment in time so its all speculation! But I would imagine at least 2016.

This wasn't from me by the way, it was on a UK 1 series forum.
Thank you for the info! However, care to comment on that 45K figure? What currency?
Appreciate 0