View Single Post
      07-08-2014, 07:37 AM   #187
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
The more I see pictures of the test mule like the ones posted by Golf 234, the more I realise its going to be a long hard wait until Q4 2015.

The HP figure of 355 seems to be getting quoted a fair bit now although I doubt all but the deepest insiders have any idea where the final power figure will end up. I just hope that its closer to 400 than it is to 355. AMG are already talking about a Black series CLA / A 45 because they are saying they don't want to be underdone by anyone, and if VW are prepping their 400 HP Golf then its a fair bet that AMG Black will have 400+.

Seriously if they can get 400 out of a 2Lt IL4 then they can get at least that out of a 3Lt IL6. And yes I expect the standard punters will reply and say its not about outright power, its about low weight and balance, well I want both high output and low weight.

If that is delivered, then this car has the potential to be something very special.
I don't understand why people keep worrying about horsepower. Same thing happened with the M3/4. How many complained that 425hp was BARELY more than the V8, while the rest of us said it was going to be underrated. Look at what the M3/4s are putting down on the dyno and tell me it's not "enough".

Personally, I'm still not sure if I'm going to go F80 or M2. One of the huge reasons I decided not to pull the trigger on a new F80 is because I want to see what the M2 does, and also because I decided to keep the E92 and add a new car to it, rather than replace.

I already have a 4Runner, so I'm leaning towards not getting a sedan (I loved test driving the M4 btw). If BMW can keep the car light, rather than be concerned about horsepower, I'd be very very tempted to buy one right away when they launch.

We all know it'll have the M3/4's brakes (which are AMAZING, IMO on par with 991 brakes). I just hope they also do things like aluminum hood, CF roof and trunk, offer some crazy colors like the M3/4. I'm also expecting to have LED headlights available sooner than later (after LCI?).

My wish list (I can't believe I have to wait so long for this car!!)
Some kind of bright color M2. I'd love it if they brought Inca Orange back!!
6MT
CF roof
Cloth seats (same seats as M3/4 please)
LED headlight
HK
With all those options, $55k or less.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0