06-21-2014, 08:52 AM   #299
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cope View Post
I'm gonna just keep chugging. Sure it stays in boost better to some extent but you lose that absolute connection to your car only three pedals can offer.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they slapped in the 8 speed instead of the DCT; it's not like the 1M set a precedent for the DCT needing to be present. It sure didn't carry over from the 135i to the M235i.
Today's auto's and DCT are amazing no doubt...I had paddles on my 135i for 3 years and almost every time i drove it( except in traffic) i wish i had the connection of a 6/M/T. Yea, turbo cars are faster with auto's for staying in boost better but for myself and MANY many other here would gladly give a hair of speed for a manual....i sold my 135i because of lack of connection with paddle shifting ... The cars today are so fast that this little difference in time mean nothing to folks like me who do not race....Both transmissions are solid and fun.....just the 6M/T is....to us is LOT'S more fun and physically MORE engaged, with more driver/ car connections ....after all with 6M/T all our available legs and arms are part of the equations ALL the time with no way out ....we are part of the machine in a way. And i like it that way !!!!!!!!! That being said auto's are great for folks who want them. Just not me. Will DCT/Auto's sell more??? Maybe, i doubt it....But either way BMW will and must offer a 6/M/T in M cars or lot's of us will jump to Porsche or Audi.

Last edited by IZAGLO; 06-21-2014 at 09:03 AM..
Appreciate 0