bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Wrong, M2 will be just like all of the other current crop of M cars, it will be 'road' focused. Less than 1% of BMW's sold ever see a track, why do you think BMW would alienate the 99%. That doesn't mean it wont be a brilliant 'driver' focused vehicle, which it will be.

If you want the track car, you will have to wait for the CSL.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. I'm not saying the M2 is going to be a track-day-special (e.g., 911 GT3), but I think we're going to see something more focused than the M3/4. Look at the positioning BMW has taken so far. The M235i Racing was a clear strategic decision to prepare M2 buyers with the mindset that the M2 will have racing heritage. Of course, that's equal parts marketing, and equal parts reality, but it's still a clear indication of their intent.

The M3/4 has become more of a GT car. It might have lost weight in it's most recent iteration, but it has still grown larger. The M2 is a chance to reset. Based on BMW's tack so far, I'm thinking that they're sailing in the direction of a more focused car that gives up some of the GT luxury of the M3/4 in favor of a sharper character.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0