05-11-2014, 11:34 PM   #203
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
There will be no Individual for the BMW M2 or the 2er. The factory is not set-up to deal with Individual orders. There are dealers in the US submitting customer queries for Individual colours and interiors for the M235i despite being told it is not possible.
And how shortsighted is that of BMW? The reality is that the M2 will be a 60k + car if optioned properly and a heck of a lot more in my home town. For those who don't follow CDN pricing, a fully jammed M235 with A/T is 62k. My guess is 72-75 CDN for the M2. For those prices I'll expect a hell of an upgrade in terms of interior quality (ie materials) or at a minimum, the option to at least upgrade the interior to something more than you get in any run of the mill 1 or 2 ser worldwide.

Cover the interior in leather and call it the "Executive Pkg" rather than repeating ad nauseum that the factory can't accommodate your sacred "Individual" options. And put in a proper stereo system instead of that over priced and over rated HK crap. But heaven forbid, don't call it an "Individual" system that you can get on the rest of the ///M lines because "the factory" won't be able to accommodate it. And don't get me started on paint colours. Are some of the more interesting/exciting choices going to be made available or are they also going to be too "Individual" to talk about?

Yeah it's going to be one hell of a drivers car but some of us drivers would like a couple of creature comforts and a bit of a distinctive look and feel for something we're paying so dearly for. And if some of this fancy shit weighs too much, I'll gladly take a set of manual Recaro's up front please...and thanks. If BMW sticks to this mantra and gives us an M2 with a 118d interior, they're truly fucked. Pardon the English...but I'm sure they'll understand it in Garching just fine.