View Single Post
      03-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #576
Delnari
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MG F22 Auto

I remember when "M" was such a great moniker for the BMW cars. If you wanted a true race inspired car the M was the only car you looked for. Now with the M performance package being offered on just about any BMW car or SUV it truly loss its mystique with the brand. The "M" car is a purpose built car with everything done to achieve that true experience. Putting on a bunch of performance parts on (factory or otherwise) does not make a M car make.

So, if you want a "M" edition of the 2 Series wait for the real deal. If you want a nice, fast, smaller chassis BMW, with nice performance then buy the M235i! Just don't try and compare the two. They are not the same thing.

I traded my 2006 335i a few years ago in on a new Subaru WRX and threw a bunch of performance parts on it. Yes, it is quicker than my old 335i with Dinan S2, and even more fun to drive, but it is not a real performance sports car. I'm okay with that. If I want to go to a real sports car I will look at the latest M cars and see, but for me now, a performance oriented car is just fine. I think most BMW enthusiast will love the M235i and not be disappointed. The track junkie would not.
Appreciate 0