View Single Post
      03-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #11
VanosKickedInYo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
That still doesn't mean it's fun. The N55 blah, blah, blah. I've owned M cars, but I won't own one with that engine. Since I haven't driven anything with the S55, I'll just have to wait until they're out.

As for the N54, it was replaced for cost reasons, not reliability, as the N55 started life with the same problematic HPFP which led to the same problems. I've owned both, and while I personally wouldn't want an N54 in an M car, it's a heck of a lot better than the N55.
Well if you have money/time to burn, by all means, get the Audi or w.e... Doesn't really matter to me Might as well get a 2 Liter 4-Cylinder Engine and Shove a 2JZ Turbo and Push 700 Horses and see how fun that will be... Pretty Fun in trying to maintain the Sh** out of it.

If we're talking about the general market, most customers would definitely factor in Reliability as One of the Most Important Factors in buying a Car...

Yeah, n55 might had some hpfp problem but was a Vast improvement when we're talking how many HPFP has failed between n54 and n55. + It STARTED to have a problem but BMW has been pretty good in fixing it with the newer models...

You can Pull 1000 Horses from a 30 Year old v8 Muscle Car for what matters... Doesn't mean it's better than the v8's the world today is producing with 300-400hp...

But again, to each his own. If you don't like the n55 it's fine. I just think the n55 is very capable.
Appreciate 0